Monday 1 October 2012

Little Miss Jasmine - And it begins



Happy Frocktober everybody!

Let me introduce myself. 

For those of you who don’t know me, my name is Jasmine. I am one of the newest flamingos at the Darling Central shop in gold creek. (a baby flamingo, or a flamingo chick, as they are referred too.) Having joined the darling family, I decided what better a way to become part of the group then to join in the efforts in raising money for frocktober. 

Because I wanted to do something different with frocktober, I have taken on one of the sister’s ideas to do some vintage cooking. I love cooking, and always enjoy whipping something up in the kitchen. Only problem is I’m not the richest little chick (flamingo baby, remember) and I have a boyfriend who, apart from being wonderful, is a bit picky with what he eats. After a bit of research, I have found over 30 recipes from the 50s to the late 60s which are suitable enough for me to cook for the both of us keeping taste and expenses in mind. Some main meals, some snacks, some cakes and some side dishes. I plan to get through almost all of them throughout the month, blogging as I go. 

So for the month of October, I will be cooking up a storm in my kitchen with some good old retro recipes. 

Looking forward to a good month :)

Little Miss Jasmine

No comments:

Post a Comment