Saturday 27 October 2012

Mel - Day 27 - Time for some culture

Today started off as domestic. I frocked into my (cheapie) denim dress and thongs and went to Aldi to grab some groceries.

When I got home I made a lunchtime feast for the Mr and his Dad as they had spent the morning busy tending to the weeds.

A little after lunch the Mr and I washed my auto - which was WELL overdue for some attention!!!
It potentially got a bit out of hand...

Hrm... Perhaps time for a cover up!

 After a sufficient buff and polish we got snazzied up and headed over the the Nara Festival.
I opted for the super cute "Day of the Dead" Queen of Holloway dress - from DARLING CENTRAL. I teamed it up with the very cherry cardi - (not pictured - but from DARLING CENTRAL) as well as some textured tights and Miss L-Fire shoes - who's name escapes me (also from DARLING CENTRAL).


The festival was PACKED!!!!!! We lined up for some gyoza (vego) and treats from the bakery - but that was it. The lines were just far too long!


Very much worth the wait!
I am fascinated by the cube one - 1 treat may or may not be missing from this picture :D

There was some really cool demonstrations - one was some sort of fighting where 2 opponents had to sword-fight with bamboo sword things - (I thought it was really cool) - the guys pounding rice (above) - as well as a fantastic lady demonstrating Ikebana - which I LOVE!!!!!!!!

(Side note - spell check wants to change the word Ikebana to banana. I don't now why, but that is freaking  hilarious to me!)




We left before dark -although the candles don't come out until then - but there were SO MANY PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!- and headed to the city to Wagamama for dinner. DELICIOUS!!!!!



Artists impression - Or just a picture from the last festival...

Now its home to eat the treats and watch the (recorded) F1 quali.

Great Saturday night!!

Frock you tomorrow - for the last frocking SUNDAY!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment