Friday 5 October 2012

Little miss jasmine - day 4




So, because I was a lazy girl yesterday, I don’t have many pictures of the cooking process. To be truthful, I think I just got in “cooking mode” and just got carried away with cooking. So to make up for it, here’s a picture of sweet pea in one of her favourite frocks. 

SUPER SWEET-PEA! (complete with cape)


Harvest Casserole.

Now, I’m not sure if I just didn’t make this right, or if this is what a casserole is supposed to be like. I don’t remember eating much casserole when I was younger, so I’m a bit clueless on the subject :P

Ingredients

300g of mince
2 cloves of garlic
1 ½ onions, diced finely
1 cup of celery, chopped
150g of pasta (I used the swirly stuff)
1 cup of milk
1 can of cream of chicken soup
2 tbs of cream cheese

How to make!

Cook celery in 1tbs of butter until soft. Cook pasta until Al’ dente. Cook onion and garlic until soft. Add beef mince and brown. Place beef mix into a large bowl. Add can of soup, milk and cream cheese and mix well. Add celery and pasta and mix. Place mixture into a greased casserole pan.
Cook on 180*c for 25 minute or until bubbly.
Serve, eat and enjoy!


Something I’m noticing becoming a trend in these 1950’s 1960’ recipes is cooking with a lot of butter. (Not that I have anything against that. Hurray for butter.) I’m so used to just cooking with olive oil for savoury and butter for deserts that I can’t remember the time I’ve had to buy butter twice in one week (maybe with the exception of the great gingerbread houses of 2011). Making things taste soo yummy, this butter is.

Till next time :) 

-          Little miss jasmine.

2 comments:

  1. Sweet-Pea in a frock ... you win Frocktober.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol, that bad thing is that that is only /one/ of her favourite frocks. she has more :P

      Delete